Episode #55 March 1998
Welcome to this weeks episode of Heavy Metal History the Podcast! March of 1998 is our next destination of history. Legacy bands tarnish their status, brutal death metal is born, more power metal, we got christian metalcore, all this and we ask how much would you have to pay Dustin to listen to Iron Maiden's "Virtual XI" (A lot) and HOLY shit we get into the dirt about the current climate in metal, where so called "journalists" (Metalsucks) along with the likes of ANTIFA have taken it upon themselves to perpetuate witch hunts of black metal and metal in general, about political correctness with feigned SJW outrage. Thanks for listening and be excellent to each other!
Albums we discussed:
- Deeds of Flesh – “Inbreeding the Anthropophagi”
- Training for Utopia – “Plastic Soul Impalement”
- Tristania – “Widows Weeds”
- 2wo – “Voyeurs”
- Motorhead – “Snake Bite Love”
- Tankard – “Disco Destroyer”
- Symphony X – “Twilight in Olympus"
- Iron Maiden – “Virtual XI"
- Rage – “XIII”
- Marduk – “Nightwing